10 REASONS TO SHOP WITH US
10 REASONS TO SHOP WITH US
1 - OUR TEAM IS MADE UP OF THE INDUSTRY’S BEST PRODUCT CONSULTANTS.When it comes to telescopes and observing the night sky, High Point Scientific is your resource. Whether you’re looking to purchase your first telescope, build a custom package from the ground up or add an astronomy camera to your setup, we’re here to support you with real people, real experts and real opinions.
2 - WE PROVIDE PERSONALIZED ATTENTION.Every amateur astronomer is unique, from their experience level to their setup, their astronomy goals to their budget. Our product consultants take great care in understanding your background and honing in on what you want to achieve in order to provide individualized recommendations.
3 - OUR SALES ASSOCIATES AREN’T INCENTIVIZED WITH COMMISSIONS.At High Point Scientific you never have to worry about being sold something because the product advisor you’re working with is financially incentivized to sell it to you. Our unbiased, non-commissioned advisors’ only responsibility is to tailor a set of product recommendations that fit your needs and enhance your observing experience.
4 - WE OFFER A PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE.Price is important! At High Point Scientific, you’re ensured the best price at the time of purchase. Our Price Match Guarantee isn’t filled with tons of caveats or stipulations. Shop with confidence, knowing that High Point Scientific stands behind our pricing and our customers.
5 - WE VET OUR PRODUCT ASSORTMENT.High Point Scientific represents 67 carefully vetted brands that meet our standards for quality and support. Collectively, these brands expand the ability of our product advisors to make precise, highly-tailored recommendations to our customers.
6 - WE ACTUALLY USE THE GEAR WE SELL.Astronomy isn’t just our job, it’s our hobby too. When we aren’t in the office, we’re outside observing the night sky. Our collective hands-on field experience helps inform our recommendations because we have a deep understanding of the goals and challenges of amateur astronomers.
7 - WE’RE NOT AMAZON.We offer the expertise and support you need to enjoy your astronomy equipment for life -- something that big box e-commerce companies simply don’t offer. Our team of product advisors is always on standby to answer your questions or make recommendations. When you shop at Amazon, you’re going it alone.
8 - WE DON’T TAKE OURSELVES TOO SERIOUSLY.We treat the first-time amateur astronomer with the same level of respect and admiration as the amateur with a lifetime of experience. We love the fact that people want to talk to us about the topic we’re most passionate about.
9 - WE UNDERSTAND WHY YOU’RE HERE.Our customers buy telescopes not because they have to or need to; they buy them because they want to explore the night sky and indulge in their imagination. Observing and exploring the night sky should be fun and stress-free, so we do everything we can to make your experience seamless -- making the night sky more accessible to you, your family and your friends.
10 - WE HAVE A 30-DAY RETURN POLICY.All of us at High Point want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase! That’s why we have a 30-day return policy that starts when you take delivery of your gear.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT SHOPPING WITH US
- “HPS sets itself apart through amazing support, knowledge and service.”
- “Nice case; but more so a great company to work with. Outstanding customer support!”
- “They are friendly, and very knowledgeable. I have been having problems with my mount, and thought a new controller would solve the problem, but it didn’t. They took the controller back, and refunded my money, then contacted Celestron to help figure out what the problem might be. That the kind of company I like to deal with.”
- “All items were affordably shipped in good time. Prices affordable and with regular sales, you’re sure to find something you want every time you visit the website. Customer service has been impeccable with all my questions answered quickly and thoroughly.”
WHY BUY FROM ORION?
You can count on us!
We have been selling direct since 1975 through our mail-order catalog and online since 1997. Unlike web-only storefronts or department stores that sell optics only seasonally, we're specialists in telescopes and binoculars — it's what we do year round!
30 day money-back guarantee
We stand behind our products and services. If for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase from Orion Telescopes & Binoculars, just return the item(s) in new condition within 30 days after delivery for a prompt refund, less shipping and handling charges. No restocking charges, no hassles! (Boxed software which has been opened cannot be returned except for an exact exchange to replace defective software.)
Quality products at discount prices
Because we sell direct, we can offer you tremendous value at a great price.
Wide and deep product assortment
We offer a tremendous assortment of Orion-branded products and other highly respected optics brands, in-stock and ready-to-ship. Use our easy-to-use Site Search or call us directly for assistance with finding the right product for your needs.
Shop and Buy the way you like
Call: (800) 447-1001
Mail: 89 Hangar Way, Watsonville, CA 95076-2465
Dealer: Use our dealer locator page or call us at (800) 447-1001 for a dealer near you
Friendly, knowledgeable sales reps
We have highly trained sales and support staff who are knowledgeable about our products and services, and are willing and able to help you make an informed buying decision.
Our sales representatives are available to take your order at (800) 447-1001 Monday through Friday 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM Pacific Time and Saturday 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Pacific Time.
FREE technical support at (800) 447-1001
We support our products. If you have a question before or after you purchase one of our products, we provide technical support by phone at (800) 447-1001 or by live chat, Monday through Friday 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM Pacific Time and Saturday 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM Pacific Time. Or contact us via email at anytime.
Should we lower the price of the product you purchased, you may call (800) 447-1001 within 30 days of delivery date to request a credit for the difference between the price you paid and the current Orion Telescopes & Binoculars selling price found at www.telescope.com. This excludes doorbusters, Clearance Items, mail-in rebates, non-Orion branded products, Special Buy products, shipping rates, free shipping offers, Deal of the Day offers, Flash Sales, Celebrate 40 offers, 40 Days/40 Deals offers, 12 Days of Christmas offers, and printing errors, which are not part of this guarantee.
Note: If a sale price adjustment is processed for an installment billing order, the credit will be applied to the remaining balance due for the order.
Next-day shipping (on orders received and approved by 1 pm Eastern Time, Monday-Friday, excluding holidays)
Place an order today and receive it quickly. This applies to items in-stock and does not apply to items drop shipped. Please see the specific item's product detail page for detailed information regarding availability.
We care about your security. Telescope.com is secured with a GeoTrust world-class SSL certificate, enabling up to 256-bit SSL encryption. More than 100,000 customers in over 150 countries trust GeoTrust to secure online transactions and conduct business over the Internet. The presence of SSL means you can rest assured that communications (e.g. credit card numbers) between your browser and this site's web servers are private and secure when the SSL session is activated.
Orion Support of the Amateur Astronomy Industry
- Delivering unique New Product Introductions, both Orion and manufacturer designed
- Cultivating a large portfolio of branded products, including the broadest range of branded accessories to enhance your viewing or imaging experience
- Providing "live" pre-sales and technical support, and post-sales support
- Continuing investment in unique How-to Guides, Videos, Articles, Catalog
- Donating products and raffle prizes for US Astronomy Clubs and Star Parties
- Providing financial support and/or personnel in support of local Star Parties
- Providing financial support for the Cornerstones of Science STAR program for libraries
- Supporting one retail location for hands-on pre-sales evaluation of products, and general hobby-related support
- Providing advertising support to industry publications that educate subscribers about the hobby
- Providing employment for hobbyists
- Providing independent, strong brand enhancing competition
- Previously attended and supported West Coast industry trade shows (when held)
- Employee and American owned
Orion is an authorized dealer for all the brands that we sell. In many cases, we have been a trusted partner with these manufacturers for over 15 years.